Highlights of 2016
This year feels like it just started. I can't remember a year going by as quickly as this one. But time flies when you're having fun. As a promised last year, below is a collection of some highlights of my 2016.
- Celebrated my sons' first and second birthdays —Our little guys are growing up so fast.
- Bought a van —So much space!
- Celebrated my sister Anna's wedding —Such a great celebration of their love.
- The Pittsburgh Penguins won their 4th Stanley Cup —Favorite sport, favorite team, favorite trophy.
- Made cider —Some turned out good, some didn't
- Canceled our cable —Goodbye Xfinity, hello PlaystationVue.
- Drink More Whiskey: Everything You Need to Know About Your New Favorite Drink | Daniel Yaffe —Such an easy and great read on whiskey.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone | J.K. Rowling —Slowly working my way through the series, from the start.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets | J.K. Rowling —Two down, five to go!
- Black | Dierks Bentley —Dierks! Always good stuff.
- The Education of a Wandering Man | Jamestown Revival —I just can't stop listening to this one.
- Kinda Don't Care | Justin Moore —You can't go wrong with some Justin Moore.
- California | Blink-182 —Some of their best music in ages.
- Stay Gold | Butch Walker —A rocking good time.
- Nothing Unexpected | Nothing Unexpected —This album turned 10 this year and I can't believe it! Good jams and great memories.
- A Very Kacey Christmas | Kacey Musgraves —A wonderful album to get you in the holiday spirit.
- Smoked Maple Bourbon | Knob Creek —Yum! Not too smokey and not too sweet, this flavored bourbon will be hard to beat.
- Stone Enjoy By 09.05.16 Unfiltered IPA | Stone Brewing —Juicy hoppiness in all it's glory.
- Project PAM | Founders Brewing Co. —Maple syrup bourbon barrels. Do need to say anything else?
- White Sky | Brew Gentlemen —I finally got to try some Brew Gentlemen. Believe the hype!
- Avatar Jasmine IPA | Elysian Brewing —The best beer that I devoured during the Hinkle bachelor party extravaganza.
- Chillwave Double IPA | Great Lakes Brewing Company —Provided during the Kustra home tour. One of the best double IPAs you'll find.
- Schloppy Monster | Rivertowne Brewing —The local guys with a nice tropically hopped IPA.
- Mango Even Keel | Ballast Point Brewing —My favorite of all the fruited pale ale varieties out there.
- Samuel Adams Rebel Raw | Bosten Beer Company —Delicious and reasonably priced.
- The Citizen | DC Brau Brewing Company —An afternoon in 90º heat at the Accidental Music Fest. The Citizen was there to save the day.
- SeaQuench Ale | Dogfish Head Craft Brewery —And Quench it does.
- Video Game: Rocket League | Psyonix —Rocket powered cars playing soccer. It's just good.
- Video Game: NHL 17 | EA Sports —Best NHL installment in a while. (EASHL: Juggernauts)
- Product: Rambler - Colster | Yeti —Believe the Yeti hype. It keeps it cold...forever. (Thanks Craft Pittsburgh and Southern Tier)